Monday, March 14, 2011

Sheave Tower - Just outside Kitchener

Today was the first day of my week off and the weather didn't let me down! It is my intention to get out at least once everyday this week to some locations I have been wanting to explore.


I have two main goals this week:


1. Enjoy my time shooting
2. Work on and/explore landscape photography

Cracked Bridge
This morning I arrived at Sheave Tower around 830. I was worried I'd miss the morning light but the sun didn't let me down. A great little spot for anyone who hasn't checked it out. It was also the perfect place to work on my landscape photography. Being the only one there was a nice treat too!

In the reflection

Although the Tower is a great structure to photograph I found myself drawn to the sound of the water. I have always enjoyed slowing the shutter speed to capture the movement of the water.

Rushing

Another element in photography I have always enjoyed are Black and White landscapes. Maybe it is because I started photography with black and white film. Whatever it is, I want to use more black and white as I work on my landscapes this week.

Stump
I am excited to get back out tomorrow. They are still calling for sun and that is all I can ask for. The rest of the week though...

No comments:

Post a Comment