Thursday, January 6, 2011

First post; A trip to Cuba

Welcome to my new (and first) Blog. I've never had a Blog before but thought it may be interesting to give it a try.  It is a new year, I have a new blog and a new way to share my photography. Don't forget to visit my website as well at: www.bdouglasphotography.com 



I recently returned from a family trip to Cuba where there were many great places for a photographer. Here is a small collection from the trip.

I knew before leaving that there would be classic cars everywhere. 


This was taken TTV with my Kodak Brownie. I think it was a great way to bring out the vintage quality of the car.








Our day trip to Havana was the photographic highlight of the trip. I couldn't have asked for better contrasts: old, weathered and worn  architecture brightly painted.


Laundry hanging from balconies was a very common site as well.




While walking through old Havana we came across what appeared to be an old train yard. There were quite a few engines and passenger cars on the lot.


Had it not been fenced off I am sure it would have been a great spot for more pictures.







This is a panoramic shot of Havana taken from a defensive wall built a long time ago. I stitched about 7 images together to create this one. I am enjoying the process of creating panoramic images. I have done several in the past of the interior of factory floors and exteriors of buildings but nothing like this. I think it turned out well. I hope I found and edited any stitch lines.  



1 comment:

  1. Those photos are fantastic! I love the bus with the old building behind. I can't wait to see more. Lori

    ReplyDelete